Jan-Martin Wiarda is a science and education journalist and moderator. He has been head of communications of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, and, prior to that position, editor-reporter at DIE ZEIT, Germany’s most influential weekly newspaper, where he reported on higher education issues, school policy and research.
Wiarda is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (USA) and also attended both the University of Munich and the German School for Journalists (Deutsche Journalistenschule). In 2016, he earned a doctoral degree from Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. He has won a number of prestigious awards – most recently the Kausa Media Award – besides being an author for several media outlets for example DIE ZEIT, Spiegel Online and Brand Eins.
- Exploring Difference – Integrating Lifelong Learning into Universities’ Missions
- Exploring Difference – Recruitment, Selection and Admission of Doctoral Candidates
- Exploring Difference – Postdoctoral Careers in Global Academia
- Exploring Difference – Transdisciplinary research and its impact at higher education institutions
- Exploring Difference – Transnational Education Models, Drivers and Challenges
- Exploring Difference: International Perspectives on Teacher Training
- Exploring Difference: Strategies to Make University Teaching Count
- Exploring Difference: Diversity Management and Equity as Factors for Student Success
- Exploring Difference: Wege zur Professur
- Exploring Difference: The Third Mission of Universities
- Exploring Difference: Bachelor`s / Master`s Transitions 20 Years after Bologna
- Exploring Difference: “Diversity driving excellence – Gaining the competitive edge”